Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I agree, CFG. One of the things I hate about this forum is the 10 character posing requirement. I tried to simply type 'Agreed' but I can't. Not enough letters.

Good to know - I would have wondered what I was doing wrong.

Last Stations of the Cross - with Soup and Bread this Friday. Soup and Bread at 5:30 in the Parish Center - followed by Stations and Benediction at 7pm at church. All are welcome!

This is going to be a dumb question, but what is an "Avatar". It has that checked off as a default in my profile.

An avatar is a picture that goes along with your name at the side [[or somewhere) of the post. Once you put it up there it will appear on each post. I can't wait to see what JC puts up.

I know the Avatar check box is there, but I don't think we can use them for posting on here. I've never seen a spot to upload one

Z got one on his profile somehow.

I've got one in my profile, too. I thought you meant an avatar when you post.

Well, if a certain "someone", who shall go un-named, didn't write that word, then I wouldn't have had to erase it.

Or, was it me who erased it?

Now I've learned 2 new things - Avatars - and we now have 1 of 2 pages. How did that happen?

How did I meander off the main thread?

Do all of our posts now go on multiple pages? - or do we have to use quick reply to keep everything on the same page?

Nevermind, I'm a slow learner - I get it! :-)

Avatar images can be cartoon characters or even customized photos. I don't see where one can select an avatar image in this forum. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Avatar images can be cartoon characters or even customized photos. I don't see where one can select an avatar image in this forum. Any suggestions?
    KR, near the top of the page you'll see a tab that says User CP. Click that, and then down aways on the left side they'll be another tab for profile picture. You can upload from there.

The first one to post with an avatar gets an extra bowl of soup. [[right CFG?)

Ummm..yeah

BSJR: Welcome to the St. Jude Thread #2. It looks like you're familiar with many of our posters. Hope to hear a few of your stories.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I agree, CFG. One of the things I hate about this forum is the 10 character posing requirement. I tried to simply type 'Agreed' but I can't. Not enough letters.
    Pretty easy to get around that. Just end your short post with the requisite number of extra periods following it........................

See?......

Anyway I'm surprised that this thread isn't a hotbed of activity today - just saw a notice on Facebook that Fr. Jovita is leaving St. Jude. Thought surely that would have generated some discussion here.

I have been doing that... thing for years. It's stupid to have to do it. It would be a simple fix for admin.
    Also, it might be more of a 'hot bed' of activity on here if we hadn't gotten buried in the 'connections' area.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    Pretty easy to get around that. Just end your short post with the requisite number of extra periods following it........................

See?......

Anyway I'm surprised that this thread isn't a hotbed of activity today - just saw a notice on Facebook that Fr. Jovita is leaving St. Jude. Thought surely that would have generated some discussion here.