NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Detroit's Faygo

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    I love REDPOP!
    Redpop and Rock and Rye are the best!

Faygo remembers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQqyDj7RX6Y

Try not to get misty-eyed when you look at it!

Yes! I had my Rock n Rye fest the last two days [[see my post above)... Nothing like it, great with some fried food to go all the way off to the deep ends and don't forget the ice to water it down a bit. Wow that stuff is potent. Just too bad all the sugar and calories, but I loved it. Now back to dull life of less fun drinks and of course my favorite: water.
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Redpop and Rock and Rye are the best!

Faygo remembers...

Try not to get misty-eyed when you look at it!

Does anyone know if you can go to the Faygo plant on Gratiot and buy Fago pop directly from there?

I can know you can buy Better Maid chips at the factory on Gratiot...

I getting a real soda machine for my office and would love to get a 5 gallon box of red pop syrup

You can not buy Faygo directly at the plant and they do not give tours to the general public.

Shasta vending offers vending machines with Faygo. Perhaps would also offer syrup [[though I have never heard of that).

One time, and only one time, I saw a windex-blue Faygo flavor that I bought because I thought it might be their new knock off version of Mountain Dew's Baja Blast, which you can ONLY get at Taco Bell. Ripe opportunity to reproduce a popular flavor that has a very limited distribution.

It was indeed very similar, but I can't remember what it was called nor have I seen it since.

Any help?

Has anyone ever tried the Faygo version of Dr. Pepper?

Stromberg2

Faygo remembers, and Faygo takes me there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedeemerKid View Post
    One time, and only one time, I saw a windex-blue Faygo flavor that I bought because I thought it might be their new knock off version of Mountain Dew's Baja Blast, which you can ONLY get at Taco Bell. Ripe opportunity to reproduce a popular flavor that has a very limited distribution.

It was indeed very similar, but I can't remember what it was called nor have I seen it since.

Any help?
    Could be Moon Mist Blue or Raspberry Blueberry.

Default Detroit's Faygo

Faygo is totally stepping up its advertising in Detroit. Today in downtown Detroit they were handing out new flavors like blueberry, cherry and peach melon. All of the city employees came down to enjoy some awesome new drinks.

http://www.thebigdetroit.com

I've asked before, but no answer so far...how does Faygo's version of Dr. Pepper taste?

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    I've asked before, but no answer so far...how does Faygo's version of Dr. Pepper taste?

Stromberg2
    Wouldn't that just be Rock and Rye? If so, it's great; always has been

Still my all time favorite commercial on the Boblo boat.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Wouldn't that just be Rock and Rye? If so, it's great; always has been
    No, IIRC, Faygo's version of Dr. Pepper is called Dr. Faygo.

I miss Faygo.

I know some people who love Dr. Faygo. I used to love Rock & Rye, but I quit drinking all soda a few years ago.

Dr. Faygo taste good or even better than Dr. Pepper. I have only seen it in cans. I wish I could get a two litre bottle.

I remember the commercial ... sort of. In my memory I saw the statue of liberty. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I know some people who love Dr. Faygo. I used to love Rock & Rye, but I quit drinking all soda a few years ago.
    You can still drink Rock & Rye. Faygo doesn't make soda, except for the soda water mixer.
    Last edited by East Detroit; August-07-11 at 12:20 AM.

I quit drinking carbonated fluids with junk mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    You can still drink Rock & Rye. Faygo doesn't make soda, except for the soda water mixer.
    Faygo doesn't make soda anything, it makes POP!!!
    Last edited by 313WX; August-07-11 at 03:02 PM.

When newcomers sign up for this forum, one of the trick questions we throw at them to separate the spammers and spam bots from genuine people is to name something distinctly Detroit. By far and away the most frequently cited term is 'Faygo' -- double or triple the next term.

This shows that their product has great local branding and popularity. I always thought that some marketing genius could take the product national and worldwide. But then it would probably get bought out like Vernors did - also frequently cited by newcomers. So maybe we need to keep it our secret.

Actually, Faygo has been owned by National Beverage in Florida for quite some time.

AND they keep Faygo HQ on Gratiot in Detroit.

Go Faygo!

Being in Montreal a few years ago and seeing Faygo at a metro station shop was one of the happiest experiences of my life! Of course I bought a Rock 'N Rye...

Name:  Faygo.jpg
Views: 1795
Size:  20.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post

oooh, erm, Faygo may beg to differ--please note the smaller print under 'Redpop!'

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast