Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    On case you don't know. Many American consumers chooses to buy American cars because they chooses to support the American auto worker. Also, had you seen the price of a Toyota Camry, Honda Civic, or a Nissan Sentra lately?
    Those things you're grasping at to justify your comments are called straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    "The Big Four" [[STRESS) They struck fear in black Detroiters in the 60's. They would stop young big men just because, I was one of them. Walking down the street, minding my own business only to be harrassed about where I was going. Glad Coleman Young got rid of them.
    "In Detroit, during the 1960s the “Big Four” or “Tac Squad”roamed the streets, searching for bars to raid and prostitutes to arrest. These elite 4 man units frequently stopped youths who were driving or walking through the 12th street neighborhood." https://abfalter.weebly.com/the-big-four.html

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDER BALDUCK View Post
    1970's

The mid to late 60's as well sir... I was harrased by them in 1968.

were you driving a sedan or SUV ?

Kid, Have you rehabilitated yourself?

Yep. And Caddies don't have the level of build quality and amenities you find in some Mercedes sedan models.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Ironically, the Cadillac CT4 & 5 are two of the best sedans GM has ever built but they sure don't sell like Bimmers and Lexus.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-17-24 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    were you driving a sedan or SUV ?
    I was driving a 1967 Firebird 400 from Ace Wilsons Royal Pontiac, if you look hard on the lower fender dog-leg between the wheel opening and the door you can just about see the Royal Bobcat emblem.

Name:  Royal Bobcat.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  128.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Kid, Have you rehabilitated yourself?
    The cops are still lookin' for him..........

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yep. And Caddies don't have the level of build quality and amenities you find in some Mercedes sedan models.
    Why are you posting a video comparing 22 year old vehicles? On the GM side, there have been two intervening platforms since the DeVille.

The STRESS program didn't start until 1971. The Big Four was around well before that.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post

Alice's Restaurant, Arlo Guthrie. Wrong crowd I guess.

I was driving a 1967 Firebird 400 from Ace Wilsons Royal Pontiac, if you look hard on the lower fender dog-leg between the wheel opening and the door you can just about see the Royal Bobcat emblem.

Name:  Royal Bobcat.jpg
    Cool ride,bet you wish you still had it.

I ran a 65 GTO covert with modified 400 3x2 carbs and a 67 GTO ,could not pass a cop car back then without getting pulled over but that may have had more to do with their suspicions nature that we were selling weed and we were the ones they suspected of removing the tires and rims from a few squad cars that were sitting in the PD parking lot,no cameras back then.

I get stopped and questioned in the city I live in no different then a person of color does,unfortunately there are always a few in the bunch when it comes to officers that push the limits.

No different than there are a few in the bunch in society that make it hard on everybody else and draw heat across the board on everybody.

Sure they are.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    The STRESS program didn't start until 1971. The Big Four was around well before that.
    Ok, maybe I was incorrect about STRESS which started in 1970. But I'm not wrong about the "Big Four" https://abfalter.weebly.com/the-big-four.html

Excluding limousines, the longest American-produced production sedan is the 1974-76 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 nine-passenger sedan, measuring 252”, 5,868 pounds. The 1976 Model code #6D F23 nine-passenger sedan was base priced at $14,889 and 981 were built. “Wikipedia”

Name:  197620cadillac20pg19 [[1).jpg
Views: 157
Size:  99.8 KB

Ok, maybe I was incorrect about STRESS which started in 1970. But I'm not wrong about the "Big Four" https://abfalter.weebly.com/the-big-four.html
    So there you big dummy.
    In '73 or '74 after the Steve Miller concert at masonic, we young uns were waiting for a ride home. Midnite and empty street.
    Waiting so long for a ride, I decided to re-arrange the letters on the marquis.
    Now coming soon were "the string ensemble of the bullshit eaters".
    Bolshoi theater got trumped.

4 occifers must have been watching for an hour.
    Scared us straight[[yeah right) when they whipped around in the squad car. 1971 Dodge Coronet. 3 foot flashlights as batons. Undercover.

STRESS

Years later the B4 had a weekly Sunday morning ride up 94 to Mt. Clemens for breakfast. Doing a ton or so all the way.

Seems like no one mentions the demise of the sedans/coupes/wagons were partially due to damage from the shitty roads.

Potholes and such wiped out many of my normal autos.

Trucks/SUVs with bigger tires was an answer.

Driving most, if not all of those, was horrible. Bad brakes/sloppy suspension rattle traps.
    Last edited by EASTSIDER BALDUCK; May-18-24 at 05:30 PM.

I was driving a 1967 Firebird 400 from Ace Wilsons Royal Pontiac, if you look hard on the lower fender dog-leg between the wheel opening and the door you can just about see the Royal Bobcat emblem.Name:  Royal Bobcat.jpg

Redwall tires means speed.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Redwall tires means speed.
    Now there's a hot product idea right there.

Come up with a material in or on the tire that changes color depending on the fastest that tire has ever rotated. I'd be willing to bet that could be done using centrifugal force. Make it progress through the entire spectrum from violet to red.

Those tires would sell. Folks will pay for bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

Come up with a material in or on the tire that changes color depending on the fastest that tire has ever rotated. I'd be willing to bet that could be done using centrifugal force. Make it progress through the entire spectrum from violet to red.

You are absolutely right. I would never have thought of that. It's a totally contemporary expression of road freedom that performance enthusiasts will pay for. lol.

It also beats the green neon underbody of a while back. Kudos to you, Jimaz!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Those things you're grasping at to justify your comments are called straws.
    Facts. Not grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

implement the “mood ring” technology into the white walls and it would give warning to road rage.

Excluding limousines, the longest American-produced production sedan is the 1974-76 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 nine-passenger sedan, measuring 252”, 5,868 pounds. The 1976 Model code #6D F23 nine-passenger sedan was base priced at $14,889 and 981 were built. “Wikipedia”

Name:  197620cadillac20pg19 [[1).jpg
Views: 157
Size:  99.8 KB

Model 75's WERE limos. "6door" without the doors. All Fleetwood.

$14k that’s $78k in today’s money.

Last year a 1971 with 2300 miles 1 owner,sold for $40k ,you can get one for about $15k really nice ,but 76 190 hp verses a 71 at 400 hp thanks to emissions.

I had a 1976 eldorado convert,that engine barely pulled that car can’t imagine it pulling a full size.

When you look at those early caddy’s and the Electra 225 they would still make for a good comfortable daily driver and considering the amount of road noise you get with a lower end current SUV and comfort level,personally I would rather drive a vintage sedan then the SUV.

The older generations used to buy those Cadillacs when they retired as a treat for all of the years of hard work and as a “last car “ ,now your treat is a SUV that looks like it was stamped out the same by every manufacturer and rolls over like a goat at the first little fender bender.
    Last edited by Richard; May-20-24 at 07:17 AM.

Makin' big sedans right here at the Clark St. plant when the Caddy was king, any color, any options, as many as you want.

Name:  2r Caddies 19592 [[2).jpg
Views: 92
Size:  148.2 KB

I really like the new last generation ICE mustang and am considering it for my next car. The 315 hp ecoboost is plenty fast enough and a lot more powerful than some of the previous v8's. I just wish it had a little more rear seat room. I seldom have rear passengers any more except for very short trips to a restaurant, etc. but it is a pretty useless rear seat. It would make me a stereotypical boomer who goes out and buys a muscle car as his last hurrah but what the hell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast