Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Small world. I lived one block north of Kathleen although earlier as a child. There was an Eichenlob family near the NW corner of 3 Mile and Waverly at the time. The DeMeyere's had a big family at the NE corner of Coureville and Waverly if you knew any of them.

I lived 850' from Gistok, I think about the same time on Farmbrook. I had a couple of friends on Marseilles [[1962?). One had the surname Dumas. The other was blond, Polish I think, but I can't remember his name. Maybe you remember those guys or are one of them. Not related but I've since been to Marseilles, France to visit a cemetery. I had some discussion with Kathleen and Gistock several years ago about some of this.

I lived at 80 W. Ferry three blocks north of Lowell in 1967 while working for good union pay for Barton-Mallow Construction as a laborer. Lowell an I sort of traded places by switching states. I moved to the place Lowell mentioned where wages were 1/3 as high as UAW wages but was lucky enough to land a union job there.
    Last edited by oladub; September-17-23 at 10:09 AM.