Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Well then I guess that makes it official. We're literally taxing shit. LOL!
    It turns out, "Taxman" by the Beatles was a work of non-fiction.

But seriously. Why is it some people think that many of the luxuries available for purchase in the modern world are somehow rights? Next it'll be the right to free heat and A/C? Free double-glazed high-efficiency windows [actually, that's already a thing in places], free cell phones [also already a thing.]

Is there no end end to what a working person must provide free of charge to the non-working? Any limit to the number of children the non-working can have, that the working will be forced to support?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Is there no end end to what a working person must provide free of charge to the non-working? Any limit to the number of children the non-working can have, that the working will be forced to support?
    Well Rocket, you kind of confirmed what the late George Carlin had said... conservatives are all about the unborn... as the Supreme Court confirmed... but once they're born... they're fucked!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

George Carlin's American Dream: What George Meant To Me
    "He created the scientific method for comics." Comedians Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart, Hasan Minhaj, Sam Jay, and many more share how the legendary comic influenced their own work.

Well Rocket, you kind of confirmed what the late George Carlin had said... conservatives are all about the unborn... as the Supreme Court confirmed... but once they're born... they're fucked!

Sure are, they have to deal with libtards.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-04-22 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    You can always dig a hole and bury it in your backyard. Perhaps build an outhouse like everyone in the world used to do.
    Is that legal in Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Sure are, they have to deal with libtards.
    Hey Honky Tonk... did you BP meds run out again old man?

Hey Honky Tonk... did you BP meds run out again old man?

They didn't run out. I can no longer afford them subsidizing other people's food, housing, electricity, medical, and water, Komadant.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-05-22 at 05:58 AM.

Let's not go there. Several pregnancy resource centers [in Michigan and elsewhere] that not only assist pregnant women but provide clothing, food and counseling AFTER birth have been targeted with damage and arson. I'm finding this both ridiculous and incredulous! Like uh-umm, really?

Considering such centers are claimed NOT to exist [the 'once their born they're f*cked' - carnard] to help the born, women, and families!

Last edited by Zacha341; July-05-22 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Is that legal in Detroit?
    I think the city disbanded the turd police.

Something I have not seen in quite some time is [besides the rare folks who still have automatic sprinkler systems] is people watering their lawns. I've not used my lawn sprinkler in 10 years. I'd rather let the grass go yellow and dormant, than to pay 2/3 sewage fees for my 1/3 water fees.

30 years ago lawn watering was common... today it's rare here in SE Michigan... both city and suburban...

Something I have not seen in quite some time is [besides the rare folks who still have automatic sprinkler systems] is people watering their lawns. I've not used my lawn sprinkler in 10 years. I'd rather let the grass go yellow and dormant, than to pay 2/3 sewage fees for my 1/3 water fees.

30 years ago lawn watering was common... today it's rare here in SE Michigan... both city and suburban...

Over on the East side they used to base your annual sewer fees on what water you used the first 3 months of the year, so as not to be charging sewer for the water usage bump in the summer.

I haven't seen that lately. [also no longer an east-sider].

In most cities, if you plan to run a sprinkler system a lot, you pay the water dept to install a second meter on your sprinkler system. The bill is labeled "Irrigation", and does not have the sewer component.

A smart irrigation controller with WIFI and weather forecasting saves a ton on water also. It uses your WIFI to monitor NOAA, and runs based on temp, humidity, past rainfall and forecasted rainfall. It cuts the system's water usage by more than half.

And you don't necessarily need a sprinkler 'system' to have them, they now make them for garden hose sprinklers also.

https://www.amazon.com/Sprinkler-Com...en%2C54&sr=1-9
    Last edited by Rocket; July-05-22 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    I think the city disbanded the turd police.
    In that case, the waterless could live like Essenes, the cult of John the Baptist who owned no belongings except for a robe and trowel for digging turd holes.

Up by me we have city water, and water rates are astronomical. Having a separate meter installed to avoid the sewage fees would be the way to go I guess, but labor and materials run about 2000.00. I have a 13-zone sprinkler system. Every time I run It, it's probably 40 bucks, or maybe not that much. People by me still water, some don't, some don't fertilize either, they just mow. Of course, the municipalities still water like crazy.

Where I am at they take your water usage and multiply it X 3 in order to get your sewage rate.

I have city water but septic tank so my bill is just based on water usage which is average of $11 per month up from last year when it was $6 per month.

They have two options for irrigation,one is reclaimed water or regular water based on irrigation use depending on if they have already run the reclaimed lines.

It’s deceptive though because it is based on what water returns to the ground verses what water goes through the sewer system,sprinklers send water back into the ground.

The deception comes in because grey water,water from your showers,laundry,hand and kitchen sink etc. can be dispensed back into your lawn,verses black water or stuff fro your toilet,you can use those diverting tools for the waste water but they still charge you regular rate.

You can go off grid,like they do in Hawaii and many countries and use rain water collection and composting toilets and put nothing back into the system.

You would think if they were really that concerned about the dirty run off going back into the rivers and water ways,they would encourage more rain water collection systems.

The key factor in all of this

It is funded by regional, state and federal dollars but Brown acknowledged that a permanent funding source is not yet in place. His department has enough dollars for a year or two, he said.

"There needs to be permanent funding. It cannot come from rates. We can't pass on that kind of cost to ratepayers that are struggling to pay bills. It has to come from either the state or federal government and we're cautiously optimistic," Brown said.

That’s the way it works though,when money is flush,come up with ways to spend it without actually coming up with a solution,then when the money gets tight,you are right back to where you started from.

If you took the same amount of money and removed people from the equation permanently,you would not be having to revisit the subsidies in the future,they are telling you,all this is doing is buying another two years of time

If they do not find a funding source at the end of that time,they are already committed and will have to Jack up the rates for everybody else in order to continue it or drop it.

Pandering is expensive.

I like the popular catch phrase of - It will have to come from state or federal funding.

Like that money magically just appears,you know when it comes to that point it will never hold water,literally.

Anybody honestly believe that residents in the UP or burbs are going to readily except paying the water bills for city residents?

Instead of looking for ways for people to become independent,they are looking for ways to socialize and trap people into becoming dependent.

If you took low income,fixed income,those on retirement or SSI and set them up with rain water collection,solar,composting toilets,it’s a permanent solution they would not be affected by inflation or increased future utility costs,it would always be a fixed cost.

I thought people were all about saving the planet and decreasing one’s footprint?
    Last edited by Richard; July-06-22 at 09:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2