Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I read stuff on various progressive sites. Being anti-Hillary doesn't make you pro-Trump. The mainstream media was biased toward Hillary. I wouldn't trust them to tell the truth about her.

Here's a site I looked at. It has nothing to do with Trump or Russia.

http://www.thompsontimeline.com/

http://www.thompsontimeline.com/cate...on-foundation/

Edit- I forgot Russia is mentioned in the link above:

http://www.thompsontimeline.com/3162...trols-much-of/

Good read, Pam.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Good read, Pam.
    Thanks for actually reading it. I think I posted it before and I don't know if anybody did.

More on the Clinton/Obama Russia connection: [[Jimmy Dore show)

https://youtu.be/2iU715uplok

More on the Clinton/Obama Russia connection: [[Jimmy Dore show)

https://youtu.be/2iU715uplok
    Again, very interesting and informative.

Deflection can be a powerful tool.

This was interesting. Jimmy Dore interviews ex-CIA agent John Kiriakou.

https://youtu.be/XE2Xvm4fceg

Former three-star general and Trump National Security Advisor Mike Flynn is willing to testify under oath that Donald Trump HIMSELF directed Flynn to contact the Russians. He is also ready to testify against other Trump family members and top White House officials.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ds-GUILTY.html

How’s that “nothingburger” tasting, fellas? Taste good yet?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Former three-star general and Trump National Security Advisor Mike Flynn is willing to testify under oath that Donald Trump HIMSELF directed Flynn to contact the Russians. He is also ready to testify against other Trump family members and top White House officials.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ds-GUILTY.html

How’s that “nothingburger” tasting, fellas? Taste good yet?
    Can't come soon enough! I'm thinking Kushner might be next? Wouldn't be surprised he spills on his father-in-law for fear of jail time.
    Last edited by Maof; December-01-17 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Can't come soon enough! I'm thinking Kushner might be next? Wouldn't be surprised he spills on his father in law for fear of jail time.
    Here's the contact reason: http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...dered-flynn-to

Nothing to do with rigging an election.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Here's the contact reason: http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...dered-flynn-to

So you don’t have any opinion on the Trump Administration literally being full of criminals as long as they aren’t rigging elections?

Fine. Trump didn’t rig the election. Good for him. Now, care to offer your thoughts on the fact that Trump’s former National Security Advisor just plead guilty to a federal offense and implicated the President himself in a criminal conspiracy?

Or is the new defensive talking point going to be that any criminal activity committed by the Trump organized crime family doesn’t matter as long as they didn’t rig the election?

The goalposts keep moving.

So you don’t have any opinion on the Trump Administration literally being full of criminals as long as they aren’t rigging elections?
    I wouldn't call it full of criminals. The charges are for lying under oath on a witch hunt of an investigation based on a false premise by a former FBI administrator who himself lied under oath during a congressional hearing. How well does that weigh out?

The goalposts keep moving.
    No the goalposts haven't moved. The point of the investigation is that the outcome of the election was changed by Russian intervention with a colluding candidate. [[ Read Donald Trump.) That never happened as Mueller has found out.
    [[If anything it was the DNC that was Colluding with Foreign Nationals.)
    But he can still keep himself relevant by finding those that lied about business dealings with foreign agents with Russian ties. This keeps the current administration tied up answering allegations and a wanting public clamoring for answers and the administration not enacting the agenda that got them elected.
    Borders and Trade.

No the goalposts haven't moved. The point of the investigation is that the outcome of the election was changed by Russian intervention with a colluding candidate. [[ Read Donald Trump.) That never happened as Mueller has found out.
    [[If anything it was the DNC that was Colluding with Foreign Nationals.)
    But he can still keep himself relevant by finding those that lied about business dealings with foreign agents with Russian ties. This keeps the current administration tied up answering allegations and a wanting public clamoring for answers and the administration not enacting the agenda that got them elected.
    Borders and Trade.
    I was trying to agree with your statement that this has nothing to do with rigging the election. People that are excited by this Flynn development seem to have forgotten that claim started the whole Russiagate thing. They just want somebody charged with something.

The only facts you currently know are that the former National Security Advisor has been given and accepted a plea deal currently based on one felony count he was charged with. That deal obviously does not center around The Logan Act, because that would be a waste of time for the FBI to pursue. He's singing to Mueller, and we currently have no idea what songs he's singing, or who possibly might have sang along. You also have no idea what other information the FBI has that caused Flynn to accept the deal. The bottom line is, it's no longer a compendium, an actual charge has been levied, with a guarantee there's more to come. That's not fake news, it's not speculation, and it's not from an opinionated website trying to analyze information they don't even have.

I got an idea....let's rename this thread, "The Big Fat Compendium of the Russian Uranium Deal", for that would now be far more accurate than the current title.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    The only facts you currently know are that the former National Security Advisor has been given and accepted a plea deal currently based on one felony count he was charged with. That deal obviously does not center around The Logan Act, because that would be a waste of time for the FBI to pursue............................................ ..............
    24 days on the job as national security advisor. Wow. I bet he knows a lot!

You did get one thing right. Big waste of time. That is what the FBI and Mueller are proven good at. As well as spending the taxpayers money.

Jimmy Dore show- "Flynn's Plea Is Another NothingBurger In Russiagate "

https://youtu.be/XUuoE7DcZDY

I wouldn't call it full of criminals. The charges are for lying under oath on a witch hunt of an investigation based on a false premise by a former FBI administrator who himself lied under oath during a congressional hearing. How well does that weigh out?
    So you think Flynn's only crime was that he lied to the FBI, eh? If that's the case, then why did he plead guilty to that AND also turn state's evidence? I mean, if that's the one and only crime he committed and he plead guilty to it, what's the motivation to become a cooperating witness in Mueller's investigation? You know that makes no legal sense, right?

Please tell me that you fundamentally understand what a "plea deal" is and why somebody would cut one. Flynn didn't just lie to the FBI, he did a whole lot more, that's why he cut a deal and plead guilty to the one charge. That's how deals work. Flynn turns state's evidence, and in exchange, Mueller agrees not to charge him with whatever litany of other felonies that Flynn committed that would probably get him locked up in the grey bar hotel for the next 10-20 years.

So please, don't insult your own intelligence by pretending that all Flynn did was lie. You know it was more than that.

Also, since the Administration isn't "full of criminals", just who exactly do you think that Flynn is flipping on to Robert Mueller as we speak? A bunch of nobodies? Some unpaid volunteers for the Trump Campaign? Are you really that naïve, Gman? Is your head buried that far in the sand? You think Flynn was the last felony indictment that will come out of this investigation?

It's OK, I imagine that for people like you and Pam, 2018 is going to be a rough year of trying to constantly defend the indefensible. Just remember though, when this plays out to its completion, which side you chose to defend.
    Last edited by aj3647; December-06-17 at 03:48 PM.

Neoliberals are going to be really disappointed when it's officially announced that there was no evidence of Trump colluding with Russia to rig the US election.

Yea do not worry,they will find something else to obsess on,it makes it easier then having to deal with the hard stuff like mass transit,inner city schools,job training and the whole concept of selling our soul for a dollar.

I guess the silver lining is investments in drug stocks is showing a good return,high demand for Prozac and qaludes and tissues to dry the tears.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Neoliberals are going to be really disappointed when it's officially announced that there was no evidence of Trump colluding with Russia to rig the US election.
    Ever hear the phrase "the cover-up is worse than the crime?" When Trump stupidly admitted that he knew Flynn was guilty of a crime BEFORE he asked James Comey to back off the Flynn investigation, he sealed his own fate. My money is on Trump resigning as President in early 2019 to avoid impeachment.

But hey, when he leaves office in disgrace and drags the GOP down with him, at least you can content yourselves with the fact that there was no conclusive evidence that he personally colluded with the Russians.

Ever hear the phrase "the cover-up is worse than the crime?" When Trump stupidly admitted that he knew Flynn was guilty of a crime BEFORE he asked James Comey to back off the Flynn investigation, he sealed his own fate. My money is on Trump resigning as President in early 2019 to avoid impeachment.

But hey, when he leaves office in disgrace and drags the GOP down with him, at least you can content yourselves with the fact that there was no conclusive evidence that he personally colluded with the Russians.
    So now you're moving the goal posts.

I need you to stay focused. Where is the evidence that Trump colluded with Russia to rig the US election, which is what neoliberals have accused him of doing over the past year?

I will wait.

I just doesn't matter anymore. We're so divided as a country. The far left is a problem, the far right is a problem. Got that. People will hold fast to their beliefs and or their politician[[s) right or wrong.

Trump [[being who he always said he was) is making huge errors, where there could have been things he needed to address. Then he tweets on. Hillary would have ushered in her form of fixation to our detriment as well.

When Donald Trump is gone either soon [[from impeachment) followed by Pence or in 2020, we will have as recue remediation the extreme radical left to fix all that the extreme radical right did... SHM.

No were can reason be found it seems.

And now for that cup of tea I was about to have...........
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-10-17 at 08:21 AM.

There is no "extreme radical left" that has any kind of influence in US politics. What some call "extreme liberalism" was very much centrist politics in the days of Ike, and up until the early 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    There is no "extreme radical left" that has any kind of influence in US politics. What some call "extreme liberalism" was very much centrist politics in the days of Ike, and up until the early 80s.
    Exactly.

On a global scale, what people consider "far left" in the US would be Centrism elsewhere.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast