Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Windows should not be blocking you from changing your browser. You need to change your default. If you are using Win 10, go into settings, go to settings, select Apps, scroll down to Web Browser, click on that and select a different one, whether it's Firefox or Chrome and that should take care of the issue. But you have to have one of those installed as well as Edge.
    I've had a little success with Duckduckgo but Edge is a problem.
    Windows is all kind of screwed up.

It should work the same way. When you try to switch from Edge, you might see a pop up that says, "Before you go...give Edge another chance" Just click "switch anyway"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post

Also, where is the "apps" link that is showing hundreds of apps? Is it part of Windows or part of Edge?

My ISP is AT&T, and we know how bad that is. Dial up remembered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1UY7eDRXrs

No, My bad - America Online is better.
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-07-21 at 11:41 AM.

Joyful! Just as I'm ready to finally ditch one of my Apple units for a Windows-based laptop. I mostly use and software train on Macs [[going back many years, when just us 'artists and designers' types used them). But not an Apple 'fan boy' as they call the Mac-only devotees.

I've run labs running Mac and Windows - figuring out a many years back it's best to be fluent on both platforms!! Indeed Apple is getting increasingly annoying ala their fussy OS, esoteric connections [[no USB ports on their new laptops and the sky-high cost, etc ETC.). But to date, I have no browser issues and can connect to I want to as needed web-wise.

Still the third of a price Windows based lappy is calling my name...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post

Last edited by Zacha341; March-08-21 at 02:12 PM.

BigB's Windows is all kinds of screwed up. I wouldn't let the convo here deter you from a Windows laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Joyful! Just as I'm ready to finally ditch one of my Apple units for a Windows-based laptop. I mostly use and software train on Macs [[going back many years, when just us 'artists and designers' types used them). But not an Apple 'fan boy' as they call the Mac-only devotees.

I've run labs running Mac and Windows - figuring out a many years back it's best to be fluent on both platforms!! Indeed Apple is getting increasingly annoying ala their fussy OS, esoteric connections [[no USB ports on their new laptops and the sky-high cost, etc ETC.). But to date, I have no browser issues and can connect to I want to as needed web-wise.

Still the third of a price Windows based lappy is calling my name...