Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote: ""we'll sell you what you need and not what you want."

Oh please, talk about stupid redundant arguments.

They built SUV's because SUV's were selling. If nobody "needed" or really "wanted" them why did all the Asian crap manufacturers try to get in to the SUV and truck market?

Hind sight is 20-20. And so typical of the California mentality, clueless. Yeah California really knows how to run a state, they are paying their contractors and vendors with IOU's that they won't even honor for state taxes. If you're going to use a state as an example of fiscal responsibility and sound judgement, it would behoove you to omit California from your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: ""we'll sell you what you need and not what you want."

Oh please, talk about stupid redundant arguments.

They built SUV's because SUV's were selling. If nobody "needed" or really "wanted" them why did all the Asian crap manufacturers try to get in to the SUV and truck market?

Hind sight is 20-20. And so typical of the California mentality, clueless. Yeah California really knows how to run a state, they are paying their contractors and vendors with IOU's that they won't even honor for state taxes. If you're going to use a state as an example of fiscal responsibility and sound judgement, it would behoove you to omit California from your argument.
    Sensitive much? When I used Cali. as an example it was more related to the major cities in my area. As far as Cali being in a negative, no doubt about it. but hey most of the county is. My point wasn't to make this a Cali. vs Michigan, thing, but my experience living in different cities, the bay area example is used because I live here, and I laugh at people on here that want to blame crime as the sole reason why Detroit is heading down the toilet. Oakland and San Francisco was used to show similar issues. So my point is relative.

As for Japanese crap, you can get emotional all that you want, but they're not asking for a bail out and having to shut down car dealers. Funny, the dealers that are selling the most cars through this junk for new cars are the Japanese and Ford. Perhaps the other two can learn a trick or two from them. Seeing that Ford is right next door, it's a cheaper drive down the road.