Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I live in Boston-Edison and Love it. Neighbors are great. Association great. One of the best areas in the city for sure. Crime is pretty much non relevant. Have a good patrol and nosy neighbors. everyone looks out for one another. The surrounding neighborhood is pretty bad though. But for some reason they dont bother us. Love it. Only thing I dont like is the lack of small children. My daughter is 3 and there are no children her age on my street. I grew up in the area and always wanted to live in B-E. I've lived in rosedale also and love it too. Was more children but also more home invaders. Had to go. Havnt had ANY problems in B-E. Dont know much about Brush-Park

If you're more pessimistic, like me, then Brush Park's current conditions are a hint of Boston-Edison's future conditions [[mass abandonment, largely vacant, etc.).

If you're more positive, however, you could speculate that a Woodward revival would help both neighborhoods quite a bit [[and especially help Brush Park, given its more central location).

I wouldn't bet on it, though. The prospects for both are pretty murky. I would give Brush Park slightly higher odds of success, though. B-E will be very tough, but who knows, the homes are truly gorgeous. Even Alden Park and those areas to the east, around the Cathedral, are ok-ish, at least judging by outward appearances.

In some ways you could argue that B-E has done ok for itself, considering that its surrounded by nothing. At least east of the Lodge, the blocks have been holding up fairly well, considering the general area.
    Last edited by Bham1982; November-19-12 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    I live in Boston-Edison and Love it. Neighbors are great. Association great. One of the best areas in the city for sure. Crime is pretty much non relevant. Have a good patrol and nosy neighbors. everyone looks out for one another. The surrounding neighborhood is pretty bad though. But for some reason they dont bother us. Love it. Only thing I dont like is the lack of small children. My daughter is 3 and there are no children her age on my street. I grew up in the area and always wanted to live in B-E. I've lived in rosedale also and love it too. Was more children but also more home invaders. Had to go. Havnt had ANY problems in B-E. Dont know much about Brush-Park
    I thought you posted in another thread about BE that your home had been broken into and the Detroit cops either never showed up or showed up a day later. Was that another 313hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I thought you posted in another thread about BE that your home had been broken into and the Detroit cops either never showed up or showed up a day later. Was that another 313hero?
    That was the home in Rosedale Park. Not BE

Quote Originally Posted by 313hero View Post
    That was the home in Rosedale Park. Not BE
    My mistake.