Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Default Jack Kevorkian, born 96 years ago this week, was he a saint or devil...

We got a birthday this week, the good Dr. Death would have been 96. Both him and Geoffrey Fieger were world famous for a time and brought a lot of attention to Detroit, whether it be good or bad is up to you. Fieger had that shitty little office in Royal Oak, he was a no-body then. We could use a little craziness like that again. Happy birthday doctor, wherever you are.

Name:  dr. death.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  110.5 KB

VW must have been happy he didn't choose a Mercedes truck to gas his last gaspers. what a great advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    VW must have been happy he didn't choose a Mercedes truck to gas his last gaspers. what a great advertisement.
    He couldn't afford Mercedes.

IME he was a martyr.

When you spend time with people who are spending their last years in intense pain,I think he was a saint and what he was doing should be legal.

Is it more humane to allow somebody to suffer like that then in the end they go into hospice and finally get relief by morphine OD?

If it gets to that I am not going down that road.

I had a friend that lived to 105 - the last 6 years for all intentional purposes he did not know who he was or where he was,just a body existing in time,who wants to live like that?

Sounds harsh to say but at some point in time,dying is a relief for some.
    Last edited by Richard; May-20-24 at 04:35 PM.

Jack Kevorkian is not a doctor. He is Doctor DEATH, a funeral director.

Name:  deathhh.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  104.5 KB

^ How's about that!

What starts off as a reasonable option can shift to 'obligation' depending on who's in charge. Bet.

Are there no tall buildings where these people live?

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    God wants people to suffer.

There is a hell of a difference in taking a drug that lets you go permanently to sleep and gearing yourself up to jump off a building or cliff. After watching people jump from the Towers, I hope to god it never comes to that for me. Talk about terror. Also, hoisting yourself out of a hospital bed and trying to make it to the window if you have Lou Gehrig disease would be difficult to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    There is a hell of a difference in taking a drug that lets you go permanently to sleep and gearing yourself up to jump off a building or cliff. After watching people jump from the Towers, I hope to god it never comes to that for me. Talk about terror. Also, hoisting yourself out of a hospital bed and trying to make it to the window if you have Lou Gehrig disease would be difficult to say the least
    Well said

Regardless of what you want to label him, you have to acknowledge that he got the end of life choices/decisions discussion started & brought it out in the open. Before it was a discreet conversation that only took place when the time came to make such a decision. Now you have people making a living will or advance directives as readily as any other plan in life.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Regardless of what you want to label him, you have to acknowledge that he got the end of life choices/decisions discussion started & brought it out in the open.
    Agreed