Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I really like the new last generation ICE mustang and am considering it for my next car. The 315 hp ecoboost is plenty fast enough and a lot more powerful than some of the previous v8's. I just wish it had a little more rear seat room. I seldom have rear passengers any more except for very short trips to a restaurant, etc. but it is a pretty useless rear seat. It would make me a stereotypical boomer who goes out and buys a muscle car as his last hurrah but what the hell.

The heck, go for it! lol

I really like the new last generation ICE mustang and am considering it for my next car. The 315 hp ecoboost is plenty fast enough and a lot more powerful than some of the previous v8's. I just wish it had a little more rear seat room. I seldom have rear passengers any more except for very short trips to a restaurant, etc. but it is a pretty useless rear seat. It would make me a stereotypical boomer who goes out and buys a muscle car as his last hurrah but what the hell.
    yea you paid your dues in life - go for it.

The problem with me is I have a 70s corvette and had a 69 XKE and they were a bitch to climb in and out,I have not driven the corvette in over 20 years,just sitting in the garage.

When you get old you want to be able to slide in and out,I am the opposite and have to stay away from marketplace,Saturday a guy posted a 50s Cadillac,original,moved forward and backwards and had A/C ,needed rockers replaced but for $3500,lucky fit me it sold before I could think twice.

I have a friend that has the new baby explorer,turbo,that thing scoots.

Saturday the dealership salesman let us drive his personal new Mustang,he said the other ones are programmed so when you test drive them you cannot hot rod them until you buy it.

Just when they start putting the performance back into performance cars,they have to screw it all up and make them EVs.
    Last edited by Richard; May-20-24 at 04:47 PM.

^^ I agree Richard. Getting in and out of a Corvette is a PITA when you get older. My Brother In Law has one, and I don't even like riding in it as a passenger.. I could see a hip replacement in the near future.

^Yep. Even standard sedans are getting much lower to the ground! We've owned three Toyota Camry's and the current model is now 'crawl-in' level low.

Lexus models too. Ground clearance now barely above a Honda Civic.

Once you get 'into' these cars are they're usually roomy with good trunk space. Though KIA's/ Hyundai's lack head room too - in some models, in my opinion.

I imagine these manufacturers feel the lower, more sports look, especially applied to the venerable, albeit a bit dull, Camry is the new thing!
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-22-24 at 06:06 AM.

I remember when the jeep wrangler was popular circa 1985 among the young people in Detroit especially amongst the drug culture. I remember driving into Detroit going to Belle Isle one summer afternoon and seeing jeep s sitting on top of dirt mounds left on the former Uniroyal site after the plant were razed. Young people having their fun that summer

^Hah! I recall that. A friend now has that special edition Rubicon [sp?] convertible, out-back, stick-shift model. Very fun to drive about in.

The Jeep brand now is over-priced - branded as a luxury yet sitting, un-purchased on dealer lots. Stillantes needs to re-think that line fast!
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-22-24 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^Hah! I recall that. A friend now has that special edition Rubicon [sp?] convertible, out-back, stick-shift model. Very fun to drive about in.

The Jeep brand now is over-priced - branded as a luxury yet sitting, un-purchased on dealer lots. Stillantes needs to re-think that line fast!
    Do you remember when Kirk Gibson's jeep turned over on E Vernor around a week or so after winning the World Series? Thank God he and the other passenger weren't seriously hurt

^I do. Now they tend not to run - no less turn over! Many Jeeps are plagued with the Stellantis infamous TIP-M [Total Integrated Power Module]!

This buggy, poorly engineered module controls a dozen functions of the car - is VERY expensive to fix; requires frequent replacements! I'd not purchase a Jeep. Discussions abound regarding the 'TIP-M' on the Jeep car forums
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-26-24 at 07:45 AM.

They all are overpriced. Have you checked prices on new pickups lately? My goodness! It's like taking out a 2nd mortgage. And yet, I see plenty of people investing in them, wheither leasing or financing. It's crazy...

^Yep! The average price is 62K+ for a base-model truck. Even more for only slightly enhanced features. Ford, GM and Stillantis, even Toyota have trucks pilling-up at their dealerships. Jeeps too. Over-inventory! Some 2022 models still not sold getting dusty on their back lots-with 2025 incoming.

Plenty more repossessed as this economy [despite what we're being told/ sold] craters as more become unable to pay high car notes AND their mortgages, rents, groceries, expanding credit card debts and insurance, etc.

Course if you have 42K or so 'cash' this is a great time to grab a 2022 Dodge Ram truck! They've had to go double-deep sales as they no longer have room for new allocations [2024-25]. Let the good times roll.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-26-24 at 08:32 PM.

^Yep! The average price is 62K+ for a base-model truck. Even more for only slightly enhanced features. Ford, GM and Stillantis, even Toyota have trucks pilling-up at their dealerships. Jeeps too. Over-inventory! Some 2022 models still not sold getting dusty on their back lots-with 2025 incoming.

Plenty more repossessed as this economy [despite what we're being told/ sold] craters as more become unable to pay high car notes AND their mortgages, rents, groceries, expanding credit card debts and insurance, etc.

Course if you have 42K or so 'cash' this is a great time to grab a 2022 Dodge Ram truck! They've had to go double-deep sales as they no longer have room for new allocations [[2024-25). Let the good times roll.
    I know, it's gone bonkers for these vehicles. Thanks for the links!

^EV has helped kill sedans.

I haven’t seen any Chinese cars yet, but did notice a growing number of Vietnamese cars, branded Vinfast in. Greater Montreal the last coupla weeks.

^EV has helped kill sedans.
    What does EV have to do with body style? Tesla sells more sedans than crossovers/suv's.

^ Lack of interest [over-sold and assumed] from the buying public.

Withstanding body style.

Especially the 'big-three' offerings.

Tesla indeed is the strongest EV sedan seller. Yet now they're laying off.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-27-24 at 09:18 AM.

What does EV have to do with body style? Tesla sells more sedans than crossovers/suv's.
    Does it matter? If you have not made the decision to get from ‘point A to point B’ in a well used inexpensive Toyota then there is something wrong with you…

^ Lack of interest [over-sold and assumed] from the buying public.

Withstanding body style.

Especially the 'big-three' offerings.

Tesla indeed is the strongest EV sedan seller. Yet now they're laying off.
    It’s easy to be a strong EV sedan seller when that’s all you have to sell,it’s like Ford you can have any color as long as it is black.

Their “SUV/truck” is flat out ugly,maybe in the future with some Ram jet thrusters as you zoom about in the air.

But if the U.S. auto makers were that set on EVs they would not be spending the billions in ICE advanced technology,like Ford with the new exhaust integrated twin turbo,that’s going to cost a small fortune to fix when it breaks but it looks like some pretty cool advancement.

They can make a 4cyl make a current dodge charger hellcat look like a VW bug performance wise but they are re-burning the exhaust x 2 so they get the best of both worlds lower emissions without the loss of performance.

That’s the innovation that built Detroit,not some EV.

Anyway you look at it,in the future,owning a vehicle will be a luxury that many will not be able to afford anyways.

I wonder if I can special order a new full bodied Cadillac sedan and have them put that new Ford turbo engine in.

Forget Mazda and their zoom zoom,that would be a whoosh and a blur as I went past them young wipper snappers in style.
    Last edited by Richard; May-28-24 at 05:49 PM.

I dunno... They may not have fast zero-to-whatever, but once cooked-up flat some of those tiny dual-exhaust TDI Volkswagen Golfs haul fast in the far left lane on the freeway!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Forget Mazda and their zoom zoom, that would be a whoosh and a blur as I went past them young wipper snappers in style.
    Last edited by Zacha341; Yesterday at 05:53 AM.

I dunno, but I loved it in the old days when you guys wanted to whoosh by. Got my work done early that way and then I could coffee the rest of the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I dunno, but I loved it in the old days when you guys wanted to whoosh by. Got my work done early that way and then I could coffee the rest of the day.
    What's the highest over you clocked?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3