Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
The churches in Detroit, no matter what type [[store front or otherwise) should pay some taxes, not get off scott free. The clergy in Detroit are the first ones in the CAY complaining about something yet they don't pay a dime. If they want to back Detroit and help it, then they should make a sacrifice themselves, just like the City is asking it's employees to do and is asking the citizens to do. Incidentally, I feel that all churches, no matter where they are located, suburbs, city, etc., should pay taxes. I know of one suburb where the church is tax exempt and the large, two story home where the pastor lives with his family is tax exempt as well, that should change.
I agree...if these churches really want to help, pay some taxes and encourage your membership to pay their taxes. someone on another post made a good point why don't the churches work on the murder rate and social fabric issues...maybe there's more money and tv time to fight the efm...

whats the other option to an efm...that should be the discussion not civil disobedience.

if benton harbor had 9 heavy equipment operators for 5 pieces of equipment i can only imagine what kinds of waste is going on in detroit....i will say that in 7 years though my trash has always been picked up...even on the fewer and fewer bulk days...which i think made dumping worse btw.