Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Smart, sobering perspective is blogged today by Matt Friedman, a local strategic communications strategist and past WDIV news producer:
    This is another example of how media companies are trying to cut their way to the future. Take a look at the ratings most nights and you’ll realize it’s not working. Why stay up to watch an 11 p.m. newscast now? You can get the weather forecast and sports scores on your phone, anytime. You can get news headlines online. Without original, enterprise local reporting, how can TV news make any compelling case to attract an audience?

Retroit Guest

Who's next...M.L. Elrick? What are these news companies thinking? Investigative reporting is their "meat and potatoes". I guess there must not be any more corruption in this city to report about.

D.U.M.B.

Quote Originally Posted by rotation_slim View Post
    and fully acknowledging Steve's great work in the PAST, but has Steve broken any significant stories in the last 2 years? I am not talking about follow up stories, but breaking a huge story? I just can't think of any.

Again, I give full props for his early reporting on Kwame, Detroit Schools, and others, but he seems to be in a dry spell. His boss was in the freep saying this was not a perfomance issue, but I am not so sure.

I know steve is a darling on this board, as he comes to our sandbox and plays, but is he really the big player in town anymore?
    Usually first time posters are welcome on this forum... but when they come out and post for the first time sounding like a Shill for WXYZ.... I'm not so sure....

Default And He Calls Himself Slim?

Quote Originally Posted by rotation_slim View Post
    and fully acknowledging Steve's great work in the PAST, but has Steve broken any significant stories in the last 2 years? I am not talking about follow up stories, but breaking a huge story? I just can't think of any.

Again, I give full props for his early reporting on Kwame, Detroit Schools, and others, but he seems to be in a dry spell. His boss was in the freep saying this was not a perfomance issue, but I am not so sure.

I know steve is a darling on this board, as he comes to our sandbox and plays, but is he really the big player in town anymore?
    Well, well...why am I not surprised there's a disgruntled colleague in the [[broadcast) house who wants to take a snipe or two on my way out the door? Let's just leave it at this: Nobody knows Jack like I know Jack.