Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
The First 48 is not even a reality show in the context of what has become known as 'reality' which isn't really real at all.

The First 48 is a documentary type series filmed live as it happens, whatever happens, however it happens. The edit for time, but not so much for drama. They have been on-scene form some seriously notorious cases including a family of six slaughtered by another family member in Memphis and a serial killer in Kansas City.

I'm sure they were as surprised and distraught as anyone else at the outcome that day in Detroit.

That said, this show of topic is pure, utter nonsense and I'd love to see the council either get it canceled or go through a major reformat, starting with the name. The very least they could do is ban the use of any DPD or City graphics and logos.

On this note, I wonder if the First 48 film crew had not been there, would the Police have been as aggressive? Would that innocent child still be alive? Questions which most of us can only speculate, yet I feel that the film crew had "some" influence on those officers actions that day?...