Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I've never heard of that 1300 Lafayette congreation. Do they have a minyan in an apartment there- or in a store front?
    The Reconstructionist Congregation is located on the mezzanine level of 1300 East Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilr View Post
    The Reconstructionist Congregation is located on the mezzanine level of 1300 East Lafayette.
    This is the first I've heard about it. Do they have Friday night or Saturday morning services?

Its quite an interesting and striking building. I would love to see it restored.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    This is the first I've heard about it. Do they have Friday night or Saturday morning services?
    I don't know. I'm not a member of the Reconstructionist Congregation.

Blarf Guest

Can Is still party there even though I'm not Jewish?

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Can Is still party there even though I'm not Jewish?
    Sounds like it, if they let Terry in. [[I don't think Lowell is Jewish either.)

Cool door handles.

It's a beautiful building, best of wishes for their success reviving it for the future.

How many of those pie-shaped buildings are left downtown? There is the synogogue, the coney islands on Lafayette, that way cool old building in Cadillac Square. Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    It's a beautiful building, best of wishes for their success reviving it for the future.

How many of those pie-shaped buildings are left downtown? There is the synogogue, the coney islands on Lafayette, that way cool old building in Cadillac Square. Any others?
    GAR Building; Harmonie Park Building & Milner Hotel; Harmonie Park Music Bldg; Metropolitan Building has a triangular rear...

love it! thanks for posting. Mozel tov!