Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Default Atwater construction & East Riverfront updates

Atwater in East Riverfront, between Rivard and St. Aubin is completely closed and totally torn up down to the dirt. What is going on here? I don't remember this road being in bad shape and currently it's restricting access to the Riverwalk parking lot and the Wheelhouse... Looks like a total rebuild. Anyone know how long this will be going on? I am hoping it will just bring more improvements to the Riverwalk & Dequindre Cut extensions.

Also, I noticed that the building at Franklin and St. Aubin has collapsed. This was the one with the Hygenic Dress League graffiti art on it. A small old corner building.

Work on the new school looks great, and the new Dequindre Cut extension is beautiful and completed. I saw bicyclers and joggers on it today, even with the confusing construction.

Finally Detroit Metropolitan Credit Union has built a drive-through ATM behind it at Riopelle and Woodbridge. This replaces a small yellow warehouse building that was demolished some time in the last couple years.
    Last edited by Gsgeorge; May-20-10 at 10:42 PM.