Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Lesson learned: Don't build pedestrian walkways within 5 miles of a high school.

LodgeDodger Guest

Oneita,

Shame on you!

I just went through some of her blogs and she seems to be very contradicting. She appears to be the same "self destructive Detroiter" that she writes about.

I hope the Free Press has the good sense to fire her immediately.

Ms. Jackson deserves all of the negative attention she'll garner for doing that. But let's drop the fiction that this is something done by bad people in Detroit. Visit any art museum or historic site or national park in this country and you'll see the collective markings and desecrations of visitors from all over the world who wanted to "leave their mark". Some people apparently don't think beyond their own self-interest and it's not just the people who tagged that bridge.

Well the Detroit News sure had some fun with it on their site. The comments were incredible..... what a mess. Poor choice decision Oneida. My parents were sticklers about not throwing paper on the ground, not being a litter bug... I guess all of that is old fashion thinking now.
    quote=eastland;144121]I hope the Free Press has the good sense to fire her immediately.[/quote]

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Lesson learned: Don't build pedestrian walkways within 5 miles of a high school.
    I think you mean Detroit, not high school.

Michigan Guest

Isn't she the blogger who talks about how well she is raising her son? How she has taught him to do the right thing? She appears to be a Kilpatrick in Jackson clothing. Saying whatever gets the bucks, but doing whatever gets the yucks.

That would be in the line of Kwame K. thinking and behaviors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    Isn't she the blogger who talks about how well she is raising her son? How she has taught him to do the right thing? She appears to be a Kilpatrick in Jackson clothing. Saying whatever gets the bucks, but doing whatever gets the yucks.

Default Post by 'Michigan' earns MLive repost

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    Roundup of "what people are saying about the fallout" has that Saturday afternoon post as the third comment selected.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Roundup of "what people are saying about the fallout" has that Saturday afternoon post as the third comment selected.
    I agree with the poster who said: Rival tried to paint her in a bad light because she is employed by the Free Press.

There was graffiti on the bridge but the story turned into: Free Press blogger vandalize bridge. The poster made a point. The News should have led off the story with; "Oneita Jackson, Free Press blogger vandalized new Mexicantown bridge" instead of "Vandals mar new pedestrian bridge in Detroit" when the only vandal that was caught in the video was Oneita Jackson. Since she was dumb enough to get caught on camera marking her spot then the News should have put her on blast.