Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I met Mick and Sherri about 10 yrs ago, we were not close but Mick seemed to have a way that always included you in the bunch, made you feel at home with him and whoever was around.

I hadn't seen Mick in years until about two months ago at the hardware store, he immediately picked up and said "Hey Matthew" I was a little surprised he even remembered my name, that made my day.

Always that smile.

Sad news for the friends and artists of Mick & Sherri and the entire community. There is little that I can say other than I hope that Mick's suffering was brief.

One idea that i would love to see some energetic collector of local music try to accomplish would be to put together a CD set of the music of some of our peers that have passed away over the years. Some of you fellow old timers know who I mean... Bobby Macdonald, George & Bill from Shadowfax, Lyman Woodard, Bill Smytka [[the buzzards, Jim Atkinson [[Retro), and I know that there are probably lots of others. It could make an impressive slice of Cass Corrior muscial histroy....

Mick did a lot of restoration work on my house, from moving the interior stairs to drywall to finish trim. I hadn't seen much of him in person in recent years, but looking round my house now, I see him everywhere. RIP
    Last edited by callfrank; April-03-10 at 11:38 PM.

I made a memorial thread for Mick in case anyone would like to post on it, or add pictures, here is the link http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=24860.0

200-300 people attended Mick's memorial/wake at overflowing Trumbullplex. Following the memorial a New Orleans-style funeral march snaked around Lincoln, past Mick's house, and then through the alley where his and Sherri's Alley Culture gallery sits. Leading the procession was Sax player Johnny Evans of the Howling Diablos.

In the alley.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2