Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Is it me or are have all these "ruin" shots taken over the years by various publications and news outlets become quite boring and cliché?

There is noting new [[no pun intended) in them, rubble from different angles, falling down buildings and the like. Hell, this type of stuff can be found across the country in large and small cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    Is it me or are have all these "ruin" shots taken over the years by various publications and news outlets become quite boring and cliché?

There is noting new [[no pun intended) in them, rubble from different angles, falling down buildings and the like. Hell, this type of stuff can be found across the country in large and small cities.
    I agree. Especially all of the interior shots. You could swap those shots out with an abandoned building in any other city. Boring ...

Agreed, tiresome to say the least. A lot of those shots are the same shots done over and over by people who break into these buildings around town every weekend. Not to mention a lot of those shots were staged. Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    Agreed, tiresome to say the least. A lot of those shots are the same shots done over and over by people who break into these buildings around town every weekend. Not to mention a lot of those shots were staged. Boring.
    I tend to agree, a lot of images these days look like someone walked in with a point and shoot with no regard for framing or composition. There is a very broad line between the voyeuristic adventurist and the artist in the ruins...