Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I saw this piece this morning, and thought people who are discussing the Fox News thing might like it. It's from a Libertarian blog. Pretty spot-on.

http://therobalution.com/2009/12/17/...troit-comment/

Smith is hands down the most liberal voice [[as possible) on Fox News. If these words were said on another network like NBC or CBS then Fox would have posted this comment without context, without mentioning Smith said it figuratively. Fox would have called out Smith on his word as if he really wanted to burn down a couple of schoolbuildings, and instead they would burn Smith to the ground... And with that they would also kill the topic cause Smith would be the main subject. Leave it to Hannity, O'Reilly or Beck to create the smoke screen.

That's the thing I don't like about Fox News. Never seeing the big picture that the schoolsystem is in grave danger. Fox reporting.... Don't make me laugh!!

smudge pot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    My apologies, Chuck_MI. Yes, it did go over my head. I intended my sarcasm for Smudge Pot and his remark against teachers.
    How about this? Most pastors, ministers, "reverends" in Detroit are probably on a paying basis. Why not have a couple of "homework nights" each week down at the church? This would probably involve the parents [[since they show up on Sundays, anyhow). There's a problem here folks, and cop-out chuckling at typos isn't going to solve it, and cheap cop-out sarcasm isn't going to solve it [[really cheap if it has to be explained). The schools are failing, the parents are failing, and the kids are failing. I think the church idea is a good one. And the example of the Jews is a fitting one. Follow their example, if you really care, that is. Thanks Eno, next time make him do the work, a warm feeling of accomplishment might very well do him some good.

[quote=Whitehouse;101757]Smith is hands down the most liberal voice [[as possible) on Fox News.[quote]

Ummm...Geraldo Rivera.

blksoul_x Guest

Perhaps the Fox basic-white guy is right! If, [[the operative word, in his worded spectacle), he lived in inner city Detroit, would burn the place down. To be sure, if he lived within the unimaginable circumstances that many young Black children face daily, brought on by a variety of reasons predicated upon amerikkka's history of biased social practices, [[ie; white supremacy/racism/hatred/etc.), the average 'basic-white' person would indeed, burn the place down!

The basic-white guy ought to be thankful for 'white privilege', [[or being white in amerikkka'). It goes a long way in determining the out-come of certain amerikkkana' expectations!__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!

pudsy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Fox reporting.... Don't make me laugh!!
    Acually Fox is the one that is laughing all the way to the bank.
    They have been making a serious run at katie couric's newscast in terms of ratings and when you beat the COMBINED viewership of both your competitors [[CNN and PMSNBC) something tells me the public enjoys what it sees on the channel.

But keep watching PMSNBC you and the other three people that watch it seem to enjoy it!!!!!

[quote=JimLaboe;101765][quote=Whitehouse;101757]Smith is hands down the most liberal voice [[as possible) on Fox News.

Ummm...Geraldo Rivera.
    Point taken.

lilpup Guest

We could always wish more terrorist attacks on the greedy, self-important f*cks in NYC and see how they like it...

Quote Originally Posted by MichMatters View Post
    Mayhaps, he wouldn't find it so funny if someone joked about burning down his inherently trashy and laughable network which hasn't reported actual news since its birth, and whose viewers don't even believe their silly motto.
    I don't know, considering they're the highest-rated cable news network in the country & nine of the top ten rated cable news shows are on Faux News [[the other being Countdown With Keith Olbermann on MSNBC), Rupert Murdoch apparently has been quite successful in brainwashing the tiny minds of Americans.

If I had a nickel for every people I've heard say Faux News is the most accurate & balanced news station on television, I would be the richest man ever...
    Last edited by 313WX; December-18-09 at 07:32 PM.

smudge pot Guest

Good thread, people, here's the path forward: I'd like some Detroit "Men-of-the-Cloth" to announce tomorrow, from the pulpit, that Wednesday evening we will be having a "homework night", and parents and kids are welcome to attend, and we will help you to work through the homework problems in a way that will help you to understand the underlying principles and concepts. We are plowing new ground here, and it may play out like this: At first, maybe only the nerds will show up, but that's OK, and don't discourage them, because they will become useful, peer, tutors. After a while, more kids will show up, and that's where things will get interesting. I can even envision each pastor setting up a "homework hotline" on the CONNECT board, and each of us helping the kids to work through the problems. Let's initially restrict the hotline to math questions, that will keep the hotline from becoming just a bunch of Wiki links.

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    Perhaps the Fox basic-white guy is right! If, [[the operative word, in his worded spectacle), he lived in inner city Detroit, would burn the place down. To be sure, if he lived within the unimaginable circumstances that many young Black children face daily, brought on by a variety of reasons predicated upon amerikkka's history of biased social practices, [[ie; white supremacy/racism/hatred/etc.), the average 'basic-white' person would indeed, burn the place down!

The basic-white guy ought to be thankful for 'white privilege', [[or being white in amerikkka'). It goes a long way in determining the out-come of certain amerikkkana' expectations!__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!
    And how is calling someone "basic-white" not racist, exactly?

lilpup Guest

Many of the Men of the Cloth in Detroit run their own schools. I'm sure they'll gladly welcome new students.

Smith dropped out of college and now rakes in an estimated $7-8 million a year - do other "journalists" accept him into their ranks?
    Last edited by lilpup; December-19-09 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    We could always wish more terrorist attacks on the greedy, self-important f*cks in NYC and see how they like it...
    So all those innocent people who were murdered by Muslim Terrorists in NYC were as you described, "greedy, self-important fucks"???

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    So all those innocent people who were murdered by Muslim Terrorists in NYC were as you described, "greedy, self-important fucks"???
    On about the same scale as Metro Detroiters are all overpaid, undereducated, entitlement-minded lazy asses living in a shithole.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Smith dropped out of college and now rakes in an estimated $7-8 million a year - do other "journalists" accept him into their ranks?
    Glenn Beck makes 2-4 times as much as Shep and has the 2nd highest-rated cable news program today, even though he's LESS educated than Smith. Heck, even Sean Hannity [[Murdoch's lap dog) is getting pissed off over how Beck just came out of nowhere and within months completely stole his partisan spotlight.

It just proves how dirty the operations at Faux News really are. I wonder whatever happened with Bill O'Reilly's sexual harrassment everyone conveniently forget about?

smudge pot Guest

Try to stay focused, people, we're not done. Summer vacation is a vestige from an America long ago and essentially agrarian. There's no real purpose for summer vacation today. Unless we use it as a carrot. The government should declare a "state of emergency" for every failing school district, and put these districts on a year-round basis. Perfect incentivisation: the kids don't want to go to school all year, and the teachers don't want to work all year. This problem will be solved in no time. The church idea should still be pursued, as an ongoing, community-based, positive outreach.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pudsy View Post
    Acually Fox is the one that is laughing all the way to the bank.
    They have been making a serious run at katie couric's newscast in terms of ratings and when you beat the COMBINED viewership of both your competitors [[CNN and PMSNBC) something tells me the public enjoys what it sees on the channel.

But keep watching PMSNBC you and the other three people that watch it seem to enjoy it!!!!!
    FUXED is only a tabloid cable station, nothing more. Intelligent people don't watch it or refer to it as "news." It's not. It's merely the wet dream of Roger Ailes, and the fascist rantings of Uncle Rupert- whom the brain-dead Rethuglicans who watch it, take as gospel.

Funny, cable news in general is only watched by less than 10 % of the population anyway, so it's all pretty silly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2