Quote Originally Posted by MotownSpartan View Post
What an unfortunate viewpoint. You could "care less" about the very people that are going to be needed if the city is ever going to stop its population loss and rebuild? You are only interested in hearing stories of people moving into the city? I'm sorry but the vast majority of people in the region don't live in the city and hearing honest and thoughtful commentary on what factors they considered when deciding where to live can be instructive to us all. This is especially true in this case as this blogger has shown a strong desire to move into the city [[he's not someone who would never consider it and thus a lost cause).

Of course, this isn't the only viewpoint I want to hear, I'd like to hear a diverse array of viewpoints but it seems foolish to refuse to listen to someone simply because they haven't "moved into the city."
In a way I agree with both of you.

1. Yes, the city should embrace those that are willing to consider moving back and listen to what may encourgae them to make the move [[Agreement with your viewpoint)

2. There are however seemingly tens of thousands of people that insist they would move into the city if someone [[as in anyone but them) improve it to their liking. Many of the people making this claim are unwilling to do anything to help improve the conditions. Essentially we have people pointing a finger at the city and residents of the city saying' "Here is what I want. Let me know when it is there and I will move back. In the interim I will criticize and offer no help." Continually hearing this attitude from the tens of thousands that could help with the change but are unwilling to do so gets really old and rings pretty hollow.

The city needs residents, volunteers and more people that are willing to vote for the right people. If some of the people in [[2) were willing to do that we would have a much better chance at making real improvements in the city. Of course it is easier to state needs, criticize and sit on their hands and wait for the improvements to miraculously come to the city.