Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ccbatson Guest

We all start at the bottom if we are to make anything of ourselves. Fervor is needed to be successful. This might be good advise for you Lorax.

I agree with Batts here. And "fervor" is the correct term. "lackadaisical" is what causes so many to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Been there, done that...if I had to do it again, I would do so with fervor.
    I just wonder.

Lorax Guest

That is, if Batts really did start at the bottom, and "pulled himself up by his bootstraps" as the right wing is so rapt to say so often.

What do you do when you don't have boots?

I would know better than to ask you, Batts, you might smite me about the brow with one of your gold-sequined size 5 wedgies.

ccbatson Guest

Ask anyone that has been successful what it took to get there. Too bad you can't know the answer from personal experience.

so you made it without a state-subsidized primary education or a state-subsidized medical education?

we already know you couldn't make it into Harvard or U of M, [[not to say that WSU is a bad medical program, but it isn't UM or Harvard, and is much more heavily subsidized than either), probably lived at home with momy and daddy while doing your residency, etc. you are a pure hypocrite on this issue

Ask anyone that has been successful what it took to get there. Too bad you can't know the answer from personal experience.
    I have. On several occaisions. And they all say the same thing:

Drive, ambition, hard work, a good support system [[seldom if ever mentioned by the "boot strapper" advocates), and plain old luck [[also seldom mentioned by the aformentioned).

ccbatson Guest

So why do you argue against those principles?

Lorax Guest

LOL!!!

Back to attack mode, I see.

Well, back at ya, "Doc" .

Your successful experiences in life run the gamut from A to B.

So why do you argue against those principles?
    I don't, except in your fevered imagination.

What I do argue against is only acknowledging the first two [[ambition and hard work) as being relevant. The latter two [[support system and luck) are the ingredients your vision of the Brave New World consistently leave out.

[[I did leave out one element that distressingly seems to be present in many of the "successful" people I have known, and that is callous disregard for anything approaching ethics. Though I don't think it's essential, it certainly seems to help in the single-minded pursuit of wealth and "success".)
    Last edited by elganned; October-27-09 at 07:26 AM.

ccbatson Guest

The first 2 are required, the latter 2 are not...so why do you choose the nonvital 2 over the important and instrumental characteristics?

As i have never heard/read of anything you [[Lorax) have accomplished as a success, and you constantly champion the forcible seizure of the products of other people's success, the only possible conclusion is that you have not had personal successes...If I am wrong, you should let us know how.

Lorax Guest

First of all, you haven't persuaded anyone including me that you've had a "successful" life, which to you no doubt means accumulating boatloads of cash.

And being a "doctor" I'm sure you have more than enough to spread around, that is if you are indeed a "doctor."

I don't pretend to be a doctor. I do own a couple of businesses, and have interest in a couple others. I guess I'd be called an investor of sorts. Real estate, a furniture business, an Italian kitchen cabinet company, and an architectural firm are examples of businesses I own or have ownership in with partners.

Do you consider that successful? I really don't know.

I live comfortably, travel frequently, married with three nearly adult children and several cats.

I also would include my altruism as part of what makes me successful personally, as I give back to my community.

I, unlike the doctors I know, couldn't be less interested in expensive new cars and toys for boys.

My partners and I help renovate housing for the poor, monetarily assist a battered women's shelter, and even drive the elderly to polling places in one of our shuttles.

I guess it depends on what your definition of "success" is. I have mine.
    Last edited by Lorax; October-27-09 at 11:01 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Of course you are not successful Lorax...how could you be when your business pursuits are at odds with your core philosophy of collectivism...by that standard, you are a miserable failure by inductive reasoning.

You have my condolences, it must be horrible to be so conflicted and self loathing.

Lorax Guest

Thank you Lord for passing judgement on us lowly, unwashed rabble!

LOL!!!

Your all-knowing, all-seeing "deductive reasoning" brings you full circle, which by deduction renders you ill equipped to pass judgement on others, given your bogus claims of being a "doctor."

You are even more deluded and dysfunctional than words can describe.

You have my pity, unfortuntely it won't be enough to help you.
    Last edited by Lorax; October-30-09 at 09:06 AM.

ccbatson Guest

Logic is the judge here...the internal conflict predicates your inevitable failures.

You claim to "own" businesses, yet your philosophy finds this a detestable state of being....therefore, you hate yourself, and for that I pity you.

Lorax Guest

Well, now that we've engaged the pity party, just where do you get that I'm "conflicted" and thus ultimately "unhappy" and "unsuccessful?"

Why does owning businesses preclude one from participating in society as a progressive liberal?

Thrill me with your acumen.

ccbatson Guest

I've already explained it twice...you are not only conflicted, but in denial it seems.

Here is the thing, you defend and support the very source of your own misplaced guilt.

Come on Lorax, quit it before I feel so sorry for you that I pull my punches.

Lorax Guest

Well, if you've explained it "twice" as you say, it certainly doesn't register here.

I don't speak Batsonian.

You are in no position to judge others based on your complete lack of knowledge on how the world works, and the direction we need to go in as a society.

Funny how someone feels they can pass judgement when they can't even get out of the gate with a coherent explaination of their position.

Oh well.

Trust me, no one will notice if you pull punches, they never had any impact anyway, and in fact tickled a little.....

ccbatson Guest

Am I surprised that it doesn't register with you? Of course not...it is called denial and you are neck deep in it.

Seriously though, let's move on, I am starting to feel sorry for you again.

Lorax Guest

LOL!!!!!!!!!

ccbatson Guest

Much better...next subject, these kid gloves are a nuisance.

No worries, Lorax. Cc punches like a girl.

Lorax Guest

I just can't stop laughing long enough to continue posting!!!! LOL!!!

Lorax Guest

Am I surprised that it doesn't register with you? Of course not...it is called denial and you are neck deep in it.

Seriously though, let's move on, I am starting to feel sorry for you again.
    Denial is a river in Egypt, Batchild.

You're the one who's neck-deep in something foul smelling, BTW.

Lorax Guest

I can go you many better than that...how about a concrete demolitionist using hand tools only, or a lumbar yard grunt milling for 10 hours, or a roofer, or a nurses aide assigned to bed pan duties, or an intern working 42 hours on 10 off for 2 months....need I go on? All things I have done with enthusiasm building to the point at which I now gladly find myself.
    Hand tools, grunt milling, bed pan duties-

All things I'd love to see you engaged in.

Especially the bed pan duties, Nurse Ratchet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast