I have to agree with Lowell, especially about Dawsey. This "different angle" is no different than someone submitting the umpteenth photo of a car wreck from a slightly different perspective. It's the same old car accident, regardless of where one stands to offer their supposedly different view.

The riots, Coleman Young, the UAW, etc., blah blah. This is somehow enlightening and illuminating? It's a simplistic glossover of the same old shit everyone here already knows about ad nauseum. Except now the caricature is on display for the country. Those themes may be underlying things here, but they caricature us and gloss over the nuances to be found here.

And frankly, I prefer the original detroit blog, you know, the one that had the name before the national media parachuted in and basically showed its contempt for local writers by just stealing the already established name. At least that site writes about things in the city I didn't know about instead of the tired and rather well covered auto industry/Coleman Young/racism/suburbs vs. city/unemployment angles.

Dawsey may be a good writer, but is he really telling us anything we didn't hear already?