Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Apparently about 8 EV's exploded PER DAY in China last year. 3,000 last year.

90% of their EV makers have gone bankrupt,

and few if any could pass our safety standards. Most Chinese brands fold up pretty badly in a crash.

EV insurance is also far outpacing ICE car premiums, which are also going up. My wife's ice sedan went up 50% last year. In England, most EV owners are seeing their premiums double or triple. Repair costs and fire risks being a couple of the reasons why.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Apparently about 8 EV's exploded PER DAY in China last year. 3,000 last year.

90% of their EV makers have gone bankrupt,

and few if any could pass our safety standards. Most Chinese brands fold up pretty badly in a crash.

EV insurance is also far outpacing ICE car premiums, which are also going up. My wife's ice sedan went up 50% last year. In England, most EV owners are seeing their premiums double or triple. Repair costs and fire risks being a couple of the reasons why.
    I watched a clip from a auto dealer that owns several dealerships in Ireland and the UK.

No trade in value if the EV is close to factory warranty expiring due to battery replacement costs.

Deprecation in a Tesla went from $80k new to $45k in a few years.

Not high insurance because if your factory warranty is getting ready to expire,they will not insure.

In those regions there was little charging infrastructure to support them so most that bought were looking to trade them back in within the first couple of years.

Plus she said the insurance companies would not insure her buildings if the vehicles were parked inside.

Like somebody mentioned the apartment fire,it’s not just the EVs it’s bikes and everything else with the lithium battery’s,like the boat docked in Miami,father and son went for a stroll while the mother napped,she could not get out in time after the electric scooter burst into flames.

My boat that contains highly explosive gasoline and propane has no problems with insurance,but they will drop me if I have lithium batteries on it.

Any other product sold on the market that causes multiple deaths is immediately pulled,but it seems like in the save the planet circles,there is an acceptable amount of deaths.

I guess in the bigger picture,5 - 10 million dying needlessly in sacrifice in order to save the planet for 8 billion,that is probably an acceptable number,as long as it is not you your loved ones that are doing the dying.

If the objective is to destroy the planet in order to save it,they are better off saving billions a lot of pain and just nuke everything and start from scratch.

“You “ is a generalization and not intended to single anybody out,it appears one needs to be very specific when choosing ones words.
    Last edited by Richard; March-04-24 at 12:51 AM.