Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Make sure you update the list when the summer blend is introduced in June and as stated any gas station that currently sells 88 octane is already able to dispense E15.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Make sure you update the list when the summer blend is introduced in June and as stated any gas station that currently sells 88 octane is already able to dispense E15.

Lol
    Hell, I'll give them until July 1st so they have time to update their websites. I know the jobbers who don't offer it now will be rushing out to install new underground tanks and pumps based on a twenty day waiver that could not be renewed at any given time.

You still don't seem to understand that only a handful of places sell Unleaded 88 in Michigan, so here is a pretty picture for you Name:  unleaded 88.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  106.7 KB

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    You still don't seem to understand that only a handful of places sell Unleaded 88 in Michigan, so here is a pretty picture for you Name:  unleaded 88.jpg
    If you own a gas station and I tell you I will give you an additional .35 cents per gallon over and above what you are already making per gallon sale,what are you going to push to sell more of?

Newer gas stations are already set up to sell the product,it does not matter what previous octane was dispensed from that pump before.

The reason they pick the current 88 is because you cannot eliminate premium with corvettes and hellcats floating around,they will take the lowest grade pump and dispense from that.

If one has the argument that every gas station in the city in Detroit is over 30 years old,then it would be plausible that nobody would be able to sell it.

But when you are offering the gas station cash back for every gallon sold,as a business you would be stupid not to sell it,it’s free money for something that you were already selling anyways.

The economics of it is the definition of insanity,pay a service station .35 per gallon so the customer can save .10 per gallon ,does that make sense to you as a taxpayer?

Weather you use it or not,it will increase your grocery bill more then it has already increased.

The discussion related to the actual E15 is really irrelevant,it’s the secondary impact that will lighten your wallet,it does matter if you use it or not,it’s intent as proposed is to save money at the pump but what good does it do if you save .10 at the pump if it cost you $5.00 to save it?

If you want I will trade you a $5 bill for a $10 bill then give you back $2 and you can say you saved $2.

I do not think you are that crazy.

The idea behind it is to increase the supply without drilling more by watering down the existing supply.

Like when we were kids robbing our parents liquor cabinet then putting water in to make it look like nothing was removed.

Supply and demand dictates prices,the way to bring the price down at the pump is to increase the supply so it is a glut.

Imagine what would happen if our current leader stood up and said - drill baby drill,so his solution was to water down the current supply in order to extend it,it does not matter whose pocket makes up the difference and he is banking on what we are seeing,very few will look past - wow I am saving .10 per gallon if I use this.
    Last edited by Richard; May-07-22 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Wow... not many places at all. So this thread is sort of moot for Michigan...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Wow... not many places at all. So this thread is sort of moot for Michigan...
    Do you like green eggs and ham?

That Sam I am
    That Sam I am
    I do not like green eggs and ham

You will have to excuse me ,sometimes I forget to bring it down to your level in reply’s

Here's that updated list: still steady at 14 stations. Five months of E15 waivers and yet not a single new E15 station in Michigan.Name:  unleaded 88.jpg
Views: 433