Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

You are confused,I am not triggered by it,for every action there is a reaction and for it to be beneficial you have to look at true intent.

E15 burns faster,which means you use more of it quicker which increases the demand and they will sell more of it,so what are you solving outside of increasing production at the refinery and increasing the demand on corn?

So what is the benefit of lowering the price at the pump when all it will do is increase the price at the grocery store,it is actually costing the consumer more in the bigger picture.

The only benefit that kicks in when you attach tax credits for every gallon sold which can then be sold to the refineries so they can meet their pollution standards.

All they really had to do was delay the implementation of the new standards,but that would have looked like they were walking back on pollution promises.

The trade war had zero to do with it,the government has been propping up corn trade and production for decades in order to keep the cost of food down.

E15 does not care about summer or winter,it’s the additives that decrease expansion rates in hot weather that make the difference.

Mainly the use of butane,so what happens when you increase the production of butane?

You are not solving anything because you are then increasing the pollution levels that it takes to create the butane.

It is simple - sorry guys,we want to save the planet but do to circumstances we are going to have to delay certain pollution controls at the refineries so they can ramp up production in order to meet the demand,that will drive prices down.

When you fine a refinery for creating pollution after a certain cut off point,they are going to limit production up to that point,after that point it becomes to expensive to produce and the price goes up accordingly in order to offset the increased fines.

The process is totally irrelevant.

You called the OP a he - she is a female - you live there you should know that,but when you do not pay attention to the bigger picture you lose little pertinent details like that.
    Last edited by Richard; April-28-22 at 10:42 AM.

LOL! Am I a 'she'....? I've thought so all these years so far, but now I best check with a biologist!

I would not want offend anyone by insisting with any certainty......

Back to the topic I'm noticing that 87 Octane is running thru my car like water. Maybe it's the station I am using. Going to try 89. Costs more but if better mileage......

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...You called the OP a he - she is a female - you live there you should know that, but when you do not pay attention to the bigger picture you lose little pertinent details like that.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-30-22 at 11:53 AM.