Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

They probably could use the write off,but they are not an American company anymore.

They are known for being one of the largest polluters,so they are most likely trying to buy points in a green world.

They took over and immediately laid off 2000 workers and stopped giving out the free beer samples,that had been a staple at Bush Gardens for over 50 years and lost a lot of customers because of that.

If they are giving to charity there is a reason,they are run strictly by the pencil pushers and do noting that does not benefit them.

Coke n Pepsi also said they were not going to advertise either.

I think a lot of it has to do with the optics of spending millions on a 30 second commercial when millions are hurting.

Because they all have had record sales years during the Covid mess.

I would not be surprised if they sent the Clydesdales to the glue factory in order to cut costs.

The massive warehouse here sells the outdated and stale beer at a discount to the little hood stores,which is illegal as hell.
    Last edited by Richard; February-03-21 at 12:25 AM.

I don’t know where you come up with all this crap, or why, other than the obvious.

I’m not a Budweiser fan but,

According to Reuters and other news organizations, Budweiser has switched all its U.S. brewing to renewable energy.
    Anheuser Busch, the worlds biggest brewer is one of more than 100 multinational firms to have committed to use renewable power to combat pollution and climate change under the Paris Accord.

I’m sure we could find fault with their business practices or something they’re doing that doesn’t live up to your standards, but why bother.

If you’re referring to their production plant and warehouse in Jacksonville, they’re being referred to as one of the top recycling plants in Florida on top of utilizing renewable energy.

If you want to say their beer sucks, I’m on board. Other than that, give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I don’t know where you come up with all this crap, or why, other than the obvious.

According to Reuters and other news organizations, Budweiser has switched all its U.S. brewing to renewable energy.
    Anheuser Busch, the worlds biggest brewer is one of more than 100 multinational firms to have committed to use renewable power to combat pollution and climate change under the Paris Accord.

I’m sure we could find fault with their business practices or something they’re doing that doesn’t live up to your standards, but why bother.

If you’re referring to their production plant and warehouse in Jacksonville, they’re being referred to as one of the top recycling plants in Florida on top of utilizing renewable energy.

If you want to say their beer sucks, I’m on board. Other than that, give it a rest.
    So would you feel better if I pre-submitted my post to you first?

You know,do you can make sure there is nothing printed that triggers or offends you? If I am expected to post for your pleasure then,I guess that would be the way to go.

That post was about companies pandering and joining social justice causes,I am not much for fake people and businesses.

Used to be businesses for the most part remained neutral out of fear of alienating half of their customers,I provided an example of one that choose not to and suffered the consequences and now turns it around like they are supporting the cause.

They did not switch to hand sanitizer production to be a nice caring corporation,they did it because of the lockdowns were cutting into revenue streams.

A few weeks ago the ones pulling out of the Super Bowl were saying it was because revenues were down and it was expensive,now it becomes it is because we care about you.

I cannot say their beer sucks because I am not a beer drinker,but their bud light seems to be a staple of the south.

That is why I did not print their beer sucks,but feel free to read into it what ever floats yer boat.

To many bandwagon causes,ruins the authenticity of them,and the long term commitment to them,I will just refer to them as pop up causes.
    Last edited by Richard; February-03-21 at 03:07 PM.

I appreciated the NFL's efforts this year towards pulling off the 2020 season. Once they successfully pulled off the draft, I knew they were going to play. After all the taking a knee garbage, calling them 'sons a bitches', and people complaining who didn't watch anyway, now we get to watch what will obviously be the highest rated Super Bowl audience ever. I'm looking forward to it !
    Last edited by Bong-Man; February-06-21 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post

Explain to me how the paris acorns are going to lower the earth temperature by .018 degrees in ten years after massive expensive programs at the expense of the US. and that’s a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Explain to me how the paris acorns are going to lower the earth temperature by .018 degrees in ten years after massive expensive programs at the expense of the US. and that’s a good thing?
    Because drowning, or frying to death, or perishing of thirst are all highly unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Because drowning, or frying to death, or perishing of thirst are all highly unpleasant.
    I have a bridge to sell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Because by then everybody will be so broke after being taxed so high,they will starve to death,so it will be a smaller population creating less damage.

France who was considered a leader in Green,was slammed because they could not even meet their same goals that they expected everybody else to.

Do what everybody else is going to do,set up some fake corporation,call it green and collect millions in federal green grants in order to produce a world saving green product,that nobody will ever produce anyways.

Filter the funds offshore,kick some back to your contacts in DC who set it all up with the green people,bankrupt the company and retire to your villa in the south of France.

I got a notice from our electric company,they are adding another 15% to the bill to pay for a solar system that will remove some of the load off of the existing system.To bad I will probably be dead when it is completed 15 years from now,they never even took off the extra fuel charge for when gas hit $4 a gallon.

Or the other sur-charge for burning coal in order to provide energy,I guess when they bought the utility out they forgot that the coal mines were sold years ago,they just forgot to stop charging the Sur-charge.

Gasoline has gone up 60c a gallon in the last two weeks,so with grandpa smurf in office my fixed costs have already gone up over $200 a month.

Expect petro based products to start to increase in price now,which is pretty much everything you touch.

Lucky for me I can pass those costs on down.

The funnest thing about the save the planet smurfs,they fill a shopping cart with items wrapped in plastic then get mad because the store offers plastic bags to put it all in.

Then bans plastic straws and calls that a win.

They bury the destroyed wind turbines in a separate pit,far away from everybody and everything,because as they degrade they omit toxic chemicals.

We are not going to die from global warming,we will be living in a toxic wasteland created from going green.

Until I see anybody that states that they care about the world and actually follows through with their commitment personally,it is all bunk.
    Last edited by Richard; February-07-21 at 11:53 PM.