Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
As a United States taxpayer I would like to present to the cities of Seattle and Portland a bill in the amount of 18 million for damages to federal property located within those cities.

Payable on demand with an interest rate of 18% compounded daily until paid.
While the federal government has a fiduciary responsibility to look after its property and a constitutional obligation to uphold it own laws, the federal government, Trump's dispatched police, have little right to otherwise be policing places where they are not invited. If Democratic mayors choose to countenance massive destructions in their cities, that must be ok with the voters who elected them.

However, as a federal taxpayer watching federal debt spiral out of control, I would like to see these cities repay the federal government for damages and costs associated with federal taxpayers. In Minneapolis, for instance, two post offices were looted and burned down. Why should repairing them come out of the USPS budget? Minneapolis' Mayor Frey had the audacity to send a request for the federal government to pay Minneapolis $50M to pay for its riot damages. President Trump said 'no' as he should have.

In addition, if a demonstration turns into a riot, the organizations that sponsored and created the demonstration should be sent a bill. If a rock concert disintegrated into violence and community destruction, I think it would be possible to sue the organizers of the rock concert for not providing security to prevent such things. if a manufacturer produces a faulty product, e.g. Corvairs or cigarettes, that results in injuring people, they can be held liable. Similarly, if BLM organizes a protest on an expressway or federal building and it goes haywire, BLM should held liable as an organizer and stakeholder.