Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Attachment 41799

Looks like the Sterling Group envisions a 24-story 290 feet residential tower at the former Joe Louis site with a tentative name as The Louis. It will consist of 500 studio and one bedroom units. The plan currently does not layout other possible uses in addition to the residential units. The Sterling Group has 5 years to break ground.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...uis-arena-site
    Wish I could read it, but hey: via some glitch that works to our benefit I can see an image from the article in your quote. Maybe after I post this so can everyone else.

EDIT: Now, after my response, I can see the image in your post too.
    Last edited by bust; November-05-21 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Wish I could read it, but hey: via some glitch that works to our benefit I can see an image from the article in your quote. Maybe after I post this so can everyone else.

EDIT: Now, after my response, I can see the image in your post too.
    Not sure if I am allowed to post the full article, but below is part of the article. For Mac Reader View then refresh to read full.

"The owner of the former Joe Louis Arena site on the Detroit River envisions at least part of its redevelopment to include a 24-story, 290-foot residential high-rise.

The vision is laid out in a conceptual plan submitted to the city in July, which Crain's obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request on Friday. In the plan, Sterling Group — which is run by founder Gary Torgow's adult children — says the tower would tentatively be named The Louis and have 500 studio and one-bedroom units.

Specific plans for the property have not been publicly discussed since an affiliate of Sterling Group acquired the 9-acre property and the arena's 3,000-space parking deck as part of a complicated $14.1 million deal struck two years ago with the city.

A text message sent to a Sterling Group executive seeking comment on Friday was not returned.

The plan does not lay out any other possible uses in addition to the residential building, although the site has often been discussed as a mixed-use development with several components, including, potentially, a hotel."