Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

crawford Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dove-7 View Post
    Oakland and San Francisco has major crime, but the cities still thrive.
    Oakland is not thriving at all. It's one of the least desirable cities in Northern California, and most Bay Area residents regard it as "ghetto".

San Francisco is thriving, but does not have a crime rate comparable to Oakland or Detroit [[though you're right that it does have considerable crime).

Quote Originally Posted by crawford View Post
    Oakland is not thriving at all. It's one of the least desirable cities in Northern California, and most Bay Area residents regard it as "ghetto".

San Francisco is thriving, but does not have a crime rate comparable to Oakland or Detroit [[though you're right that it does have considerable crime).
    Bro.

I live here. If you compare the other areas where the locals have a choice, of course many are going to say San Francisco over Oakland, BUT, there are a lot people moving out of San Francisco into Oakland. Oakland isn't as bad as some people think or make it out to be. It's certain parts of Oakland. I thought the same before I came here. Anywho, my point is, Oakland has a population, things are moving around compared to the current state of Detroit. It's like night and day.

As for the San Francisco and Oakland comparison, I had said either on this thread or similar thread, don't read stats in papers, San Francisco two years ago crime rate was higher than Oakland. The key point of this compare and contrast was/is to say that cities still manage with crime and crime isn't the sole reason why over half the population pack up and leave.