Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The Crain's article sounds like maybe Higgins is no longer the Broderick owner.

You think Higgins and Maroun are the same person? At least Maroun operates the bridge, what in the world does Higgins actually DO? I know of no project that Higgins has ever completed, do they even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post

You think Higgins and Maroun are the same person? At least Maroun operates the bridge, what in the world does Higgins actually DO? I know of no project that Higgins has ever completed, do they even exist?
    The Leland. And I'm pretty sure he owns some apartment buildings on the east side, or at least he did. I have an article from the 1980s that lists everything he owned at the time. It's huuuuuuuuuge. Some were not empty at the time but now are. Some, like the Hotel Detroiter, have since been razed.
    I've been trying to get a hold of him for several weeks to ask questions for a building history on the site. If I ever get a hold of him again [[and he said he was down to talk about the Detroiter), I'll ask about the Broderick.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    I've been trying to get a hold of him for several weeks to ask questions for a building history on the site. If I ever get a hold of him again [[and he said he was down to talk about the Detroiter), I'll ask about the Broderick.
    If you don't get in touch with him, you might consider a FOIA request of whichever public body handles historic designation applications; it should include a fairly extensive history of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    Sometime in the last 2-3 years I remember seeing a trailer for an indie horror film that was shot at, or at least set at, the Broderick. I didn't actually see the movie, but I think the plot was basically that some guy goes into the building and is never seen again. His sister and friends go to the building to search for him, get trapped, and macabre hijinx ensue. Has anyone heard about this?
    No, but I did see a group of three or so kids on the roof there as the sun set on July 12. I had a strong feeling they were doomed. Not sure that's related, but thought I'd share. The horrors may be real, and they may be impeding Higgins' development of the building.

When I see construction workers begin to fence up the area, bringing in the construction elevators, waste cargos and new construction equipments, then I believe it.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post

Moroun operates the bridge alright, using a handcrank while standing under it.

Higgins is just an urban legend.