Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Three back-to-back overtime wins to conclude the season...and I say conclude since we still managed to miss the playoffs thanks to the Philadelphia Flyers deciding to pull their goalie in their last game.

They just don't have enough quality players. Other than Larkin, there are no other top line centers on the team. A couple of middle of the road types; Compher, Rasmussen. Goaltending isn't good enough either, it needs to be upgraded.

If they would have got in, you never know what could happen, but I couldn't really see them winning a series. That being said, they were in the mix all season, and that counts for a hell of a lot in my book. They played some really exciting games.

In Stevie we trust - but there are limits to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    They just don't have enough quality players. Other than Larkin, there are no other top line centers on the team. A couple of middle of the road types; Compher, Rasmussen. Goaltending isn't good enough either, it needs to be upgraded.

If they would have got in, you never know what could happen, but I couldn't really see them winning a series. That being said, they were in the mix all season, and that counts for a hell of a lot in my book. They played some really exciting games.

In Stevie we trust - but there are limits to everything.
    The last couple of weeks have been playoff hockey intensity for the Wings. Hard to believe they would have had anything left in the tank in the playoffs.
    I'm baffled how the NHL playoffs work. A team as good as the Leafs has to face Boston in the 1st round again? Don't get me wrong I love seeing the Leafs lose but it hardly seems fair.