I’d like to get into a reasonably positive discussion here about
what we might be looking at in the hopefully not too distant future.
I have a small circle of friends that seem to think, for the most part that if things like the vaccine and several other situations work out, we might find ourselves in, not just a tenable, but somewhat good place. I do too, and I’m not generally all that positive, but I think there is a possibility.
Some people seem to think we might see something like the end of prohibition. I don’t know about that because it’s not just going to end on a certain date. It looks to me to be something more like the Great Depression which just slowly went away. Hopefully we’re not headed into some sort of situation like that.

What I am looking at is the fact that things are going to be different than they were pre pandemic, I think that’s a given. I’m starting to see people that are trying to figure out how they can get back into the flow of things, by simply observing how society has drastically changed in less than a year. I’m not talking about wealthy investors looking for businesses to dump a load of cash into. I’m talking about people that have taken a hit and are trying not to fall any further though the cracks that have been opening up.
I’ve been growing produce on a small scale on the side for a number of years and the interest I’ve seen in the last six months of people wanting to purchase it of start growing it is amazing. I know carpenters and welders that took a hard hit and now they’re seeing entirely different business opportunities for things that are in demand. I know a few people in the food service business that are really nervous but are finding possible alternatives for their businesses. There is a very good possibility that the mom & pop and small businesses can not only survive but make a comeback. I think that’s not only possible but essential. Might be the last chance.

Anyway, I’d like to share a few ideas and hear about what’s going on in other areas. The times they are a changing, again and it’s getting interesting. Plus, the days are getting longer after today, so that’s a plus. Oh yeah, seems like this should be a politics free zone. Please share what you’re seeing.